Wednesday, February 8, 2012

New Member to the family ...

So we made it back to the island after our adventures in Vancouver to come pick up a very special little someone. Now most of you would realize or know by now that I was spawned in the Republic. What you might not know is that glorious day happened in Uitenhage. Now I grew up next to Uitenhage in a a small town called Despatch ...... right done laughing. Well Despatch is shoved in between Uitenhage and Port Elizabeth. Now I'm telling you all this because well its my blog and I will write what I want. However another thing to note is that there is a massive Volkswagen factory in Uitenhage. So for the first 13 years of my life I was pretty much surrounded by the peoples car.  So I have always had a love for them especially the littlest and most awesome of the family the Beetle.

Now forward a few year and we are now in New Zealand and just outside Nelson is a small hick town I bought the following beauty which I found on the Internet.

It turns out that she was actually build in South Africa in 1962. When I got her the first name that popped into my head was Doris it later evolved into Doris van der Kamp. Naming cars is something I have always done and I sometimes find it sad when people don't name their cars. Doris also happens to be my friends dogs name, one of the most beautiful basset hounds you will ever see. There use to be Doris and Fred but Fred sadly went to the big dog park in the sky. But luckily Dame Doris got a new friend who goes by the name of Bruce, he is a cranky fella reminds me of another Bruce I know.

Now forward a few more years and we are now in 2012 Victoria BC, Canada and its with my great pleasure to be able to introduce to you the newest member of my car family a Kombi Westfalia. This little man is going to take me and Kimberly around the America's.


Whats the name you might ask ... come on humour me ..... thanks jeez. Well I thought long and hard about the name for this little man it didn't just pop out at me at all. My thought process was I already have a Doris and this Kombi is definitely a boy and in that I had my answer. So in honour of a beloved Basset Hound that's no longer with us I would like to introduce you to Fredrick Basset

.

No comments:

Post a Comment