Wednesday, July 4, 2012

St Patty's Day Montreal Style

While in Montreal we celebrated St Patty's Day this would be the first time that I would actual celebrate it more then just having a quiet drink at home. Me, Erin and Kim met up with one of the employees of Café Aléatoire and some of his mates and did the 20min walk to downtown Montreal to  Rue Sainte-Catherine where the St Paddy's Parade was to be held. We stopped of at a local corner store to pick up some beer yup they sell beer at their corner stores and yes I'm drinking beer now, well I still call it gumboot water.

I have to be honest here and say that the parade was the most bat ass boringest pile of dribble I have ever experienced in my life. If it wasn't for the company I was keeping I would probably not made it to the end as a matter of fact we didn't. Erin did provide us with some entertainment by threatening to beat the crap out of a group of 'Whoop Whoop Girls' standing near us. Also the people passing behind us was way more interesting then the parade itself, there is some very interesting creatures that reside in Montreal , QC.

We stayed and watched the parade for what seemed like hours and all that passed us was old men in funny looking outfits that must have passed as a uniform for some sort of society I really couldn't give two hoots about. At some point we decided we had enough and joined a number of other festive going people on a side street and proceeded to get more drunk then we already were.

Erin in her very socially lubricated state of mind started eating Doritos next to a camera operator interviewing people (the camera op looked like a very angry lesbot) and from memory they attempted to interview Erin but she just kept eating. More fun however sprung up when the police on their ponies came up the street to get the people of it so they could re-open the street for cars. Lucky for us we had the Safety Fair with us and no one got run over thanks to her. Mind you I think a few people wanted to run her over. Well I must say I really do look forward to my next St Paddy's day where ever that may be.

Below is a Video of the Safety Fairy in action and some pics ....


Boring Parade

Boring Parade

Boring Parade

Erin eating Doritos

The Crew

The Crew

The Crew

The Crew

The Crew

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes it is and it makes me laugh each time I see something that says CTV on it ....

      Delete