Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Look what arrived in the mail today ...

So if you follow my blog on a regular bases you will know about my saga with my expired license. Long story short when I arrived in Africa I sadly realized that my Drivers license had expired. So when I arrived in Canada I set of to get my NZ license renewed, what a fucking mission. So one day I went to the Canadian Drivers License place and just by chance asked what I would have to do to get a Canadian one. The lady looked at a piece of paper and went ...."Ahh New Zealand ... just give me your license and I'll give you a Canadian one" I was like your fucking kidding me right, well I didn't swear at her she was a nice little Asian looking lady. However after explaining to her my situation and the fact that I had to return my NZ license to the NZ Authorities she was like "no problem just get them to fax us with a letter giving your details and how long you have held your license." I actually felt like crying at that point to be honest.

So it turns out where I thought my license actually expired its just the card not the license itself. So after some hassle I finally got NZ to Fax them the papers. The next day I went to them to see if they got the fax which they did. She asked me 3 question out of which I got 2 wrong and she gave me this ....


... I had to do eye test and so on to and get a hideous photo taken but meh I had a license. The whole process taking about a week including the time dealing with NZ would take it to 3 weeks. But to my excitement I got the following in the mail today.



Its good because I could not drive in USA on my paper license being America they get anally retentive about everything if its legal. Pretty sure I could have just made a fake license from the 'Peoples Republic of Roestan' and they would have gone 'yup that clip art looks legit'. But yayness I'm all legal like now I just need the van to go with the license. 

No comments:

Post a Comment