Monday, January 23, 2012

Snow, Snow and more Snow

So coming to Canada during the winter meant that the possibility of snow on Xmas was very very high. The idea of this excited me beyond believe, for those playing at home I'm a southern hemisphere boi and we have summer over the Xmas period. So I have never experienced a white Xmas and I was hoping to do so here in Canada and not just sing about it in some stupid Xmas songs. However the fat ass in the red suit didn't deliver, so as you might guess I was very disappointed. My new bestie and drinking buddy Steven however broke the news to me with a massive smile and and much glee in his voice that I would be lucky to get snow in Victoria. You see Mr Glover is a hater, a hater of snow. Personally I think Santa never brought him the snow he asked for when he was a child and ever since then he has been Mr Grinch the Snow Hater. This is a true story I should know I made it up.

However the big man in the sky must have heard me crying myself to sleep at night due to the no snow situation and a week or so ago it started snowing. Much to my delight and much to the horror of Mr Glover, he is such a hater. Well I thought I would cheer him up each morning by filming out my window to show him how it was snowing and emailing it to him. If you wish to see these videos go to my Youtube channel here.

So naturally when it started snowing in the middle of the night I went wondering around town for like 2 hours and the next day I set of to take pictures. The photos below was taken over a few days.  But sadly all the snow is gone now ...... :(

Ok so above is where the original posted ended however as I was getting ready to load the images my computer screamed at me "low battery low battery". I thought the cable must have just come undone again like it does a million times a night but nope it was broken.  So I personally I think Mr Glover worked his voodoo-snow-hating magic on it and one of these days I will prove it. Also I found a video on Mr Glover's facialbook that shows Victoria covered in snow so pretty strange video to be shared on the Facebook of a snow hater.

The is some photos below video ....enjoy.



 View out of my window at the Backpackers 

 View out of my window at the Backpackers 

 Victoria inner harbour on the right Government Buildings in the background

 Garden outside the Empress

 View across inner harbour looking at the Government Buildings

Naw silly flowers

 The Empress Hotel

 Captain Cook getting his chill on

The Empress Hotel

 Government Buildings 


frozen ice sheets on the inner horbour
 

 Everyday I'm shuffling


 Frozen fountain in front of Government Building

  Frozen fountain in front of Government Building

  Frozen fountain in front of Government Building

 Government Buildings

 Thats a silly place to sleep birdie.

No comments:

Post a Comment