Friday, June 10, 2011

Homeward bound ...

So here I am the second to last leg of my wild adventures in the land of the free and the land of the moose or the New World have it your way. This leg of the journey being my flight to Auckland and then the last being my flight home to Christchurch.

I'm at present sitting in a very cute little booth at San Fransisco Airport well at Gate G 93 to be precise writing this blog entry.

This tripped started with me leaving home town after the biggest natural disaster New Zealand has seen in some time. Arriving in America and then spending sometime in the Bahamas. Then a some more time in the US of Aye and then my beloved Victoria, Canada.

I have had an amazing time in a country I have never intended in visiting and had the opportunity to go and for fill a life long dream in Canada. But as life has shown me again and again its not about the end point but the journey itself and on this journey I have met some truly amazing people.

In the Bahamas I met an amazing group of people my Bahama Mama Carole introduced me to the saying "I call Bullshit on that.." and her lovely husband made me aware of the conspiracy surrounding Mrs C and Charles.

In Bradenton we met the Awesome family Jay, Tanya, Eli, Sarah, Aaron, Sam and Baby Rachel (yes they have 5 kids and live on a Cat Crazy people I tell you). They were like a family away from home and I will miss them greatly and then of course there is Debbie I see her more as the disfunctional Aunty in the family the one that will get drunk and not disappoint you by dancing on the table. I still haven't seen her do this but I know she has it in her and hopefully one day I will be able to witness it. There is also Dana well you can drink and laugh anyone under the table and you made those long West Marine visits bearable.

I met some amazing people in Canada too, there is Sarah the crazy weird lady on the ferry to Victoria, she still owes me a beer and hopefully soon I will be able to come claim it. There was Steven well what can I say about him other then it was an honour meeting you and its a pity I didn't have more time to sit and discuss some of the topics we only touched on. There is also my baby mama Kellie from Seattle who I actually met in Key West and missed out on hanging out with her again but I will pour her a drink when she comes to NZ and Finally there is Craig. There is so much more I wanted to say to you but didn't have the time thanks for an awesome week and hopefully we will talk again soon.

I also crossed a massive country by car all by myself something I didn't really think I would be able to do and was scared of doing because I was by myself but as I have learned there is a lot one can do if you put your mind to it. I will finish this blog entry with a quote I stole from the 'Families' blog.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

-- Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment