Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My Home Town ...

So this is photos of my home town Christchurch, New Zealand at the moment after two Earthquakes hit us. The first Earthquake was a magnitude of 7.1 one on 4 September 2010 at 4:30am.Luckily it was early in the morning so everyone was safe in bed and we had no lose of lives. The second one was 6.3 on 22nd February 2011 at 12:51pm when everyone was out and about for lunch in the city center. It however it was centered very close to our central city and many buildings that was weaken by the first earthquake collapsed trapping and killing close to 200 people. Its really sad to look at these pictures of a city I love when I'm so far away.

City Centre Photos
(The building labelled Civic Theater was my office building but we were luckily evicted out of it thanks to the Sept Earthquake and wasn't there for the Feb one)

Christchurch Churches

(St Johns the Baptist Anglican Church is my parents Church)

No comments:

Post a Comment